Making a donation via SMS
All you need to do is send a text message from your mobile phone to a special, five-digit text message number. The donation gets added to your pay monthly bill or taken off your pay as you go credit.
A one-off donation by text can help our Research Nurses continue to provide lifesaving support to blood cancer patients across the UK.
Your support means that we can continue to be there for the 250,000 people currently living with blood cancer .
You can donate in a quick and easy way by texting a keyword to one of the donation numbers listed below.
Our current text service provider is Donr. They can be contacted on 0333 4444 111.
You can choose one of the following options:
To donate £3.00, text 3CURE to 70450
To donate £5.00, text 5CURE to 70450
To donate £10.00, text 10CURE to 70450
To donate £20.00, text 20CURE to 70450
Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message.
After your donation, we’ll send you a text asking to complete a gift aid declaration. If you are a UK taxpayer, the government will increase your donation by 25%.
Terms and conditions
- Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard message rate.
- To make a one-off donation please ensure you spell the SMS keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct shortcode: 70450.
- If your keyword and shortcode are valid, and your text message is received whilst this campaign is active, you will be charged your chosen amount via a bounce-back confirmation message. The charge will appear on your mobile phone bill or be taken from available funds on a Pay as you go phone (PAYG).
- If your keyword or shortcode are invalid, or your text message is received after the campaign or promotion has finished, you may still be charged your standard network message charge. However, you will not be charged your donation amount and you will not be donating to us.
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending an SMS text message.
- Please ensure that you do not send more texts than you can afford or your mobile network will allow. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send an SMS donation to us.
- Cure Leukaemia, Donr or their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any mobile telephone network or line, system, server, mobile provider or otherwise which may result in any SMS text being lost or not properly received.
- This service is available to Vodafone, EE, O2, 3 (Three), and Virgin users only.
- This service is available in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales only.
- The SMS service is provided by Donr (donr.com) – if you have any queries regarding the service, please call our Supporter Care Team on 0300 330 0740.